The Brother XR1355 is the perfect machine for casual hobbyists as well as for those who take sewing and quilting seriously. It’s compact, lightweight and automated for maximum sewing and quilting convenience.
Brother XR1355 Reviews: What Others Have to Say about It
The reviews for the XR1355 are mostly favorable. Users, ranging from beginners to expert sewers, love how easy it is to switch from using the foot pedal to the hand control and how the automation makes changing from one type of stitch to another a breeze. People who have bought the XR1355 also love how easy it is to pack up and carry to sewing classes, group sewing sessions, and the like.
Brother XR1355 Sewing Machine Reviews: Specifications
The XR1355 Machine offers the following features:
- A wide table (detachable) for use in large projects
- Backlit LCD screen (large) for easy viewing
- Select stitches at the push of a button
- 130 different stitches (built-in) which include 8 one-step buttonhole styles. (Quilting stitches also included)
- Maximum sewing speed up to 850 stitches per minute
- Start and stop button with variable speed control
- 8 quick-change presser feet with an option to add more
- Spring action quilting foot included
- Capable of sewing on a wide variety of fabrics due to its exceptional feed system.
- Can switch between using the foot pedal and hand control
- Automatic needle threading system with thread sensor and Quick-Set™ Bobbin
- Basic monogramming capabilities (1 font with 55 alphanumeric stitches programmed into the system)
Brother XR1355: My Review
This automated machine is easy to use. It also helps that it comes with an instructional DVD that demonstrates how to set the machine up as well as how to use its various functions. The variety of stitches pre-programmed into the system gives sewers and quilters more leeway in terms of creativity and craftsmanship. The monogram function is quite basic, but adequate for simple monogramming projects like patches and labels. Another great thing about the XR1355 is that it allows users to do free motion quilting and is equipped with a detachable wide table which is very useful when working on large sewing and quilting projects. All in all, this is a great entry sewing machine which can also offer something for long-time hobbyists. [Read more reviews …]